Tuesday, July 29, 2008

All About the Benjamins

I just spent $100 and it was frighteningly easy. Here's what records I sent for and hope to get:

Social Security Appliations for William Woodberry Williamson's 3 youngest kids: Buena Vista, Thula and Wood.

Arkansas death certificates for Buena Vista and Bessie.

If I get these death certificates, and the one from Oklahoma, I'll have collected the whole set for all 7 of WWW's kids. Not bad.

I debated getting the SS Applications because they cost so dang much. However, these three youngsters intrigue me and I want to know more about them. They are the half-siblings of my great-grandfather.

Today I also finalized my cemetery notes for the road trip. I also bought some bribery implements for my son, who won't be so amused to be touring cemeteries in Arkansas, or hanging out in the local library for hours on end.

Next task, a list of significant dates so I can hunt for obituaries or other events in the film reels of local Russellville-area newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment