Sunday, July 20, 2008

Home Again, Mail Bag

I'm back from my mini-vacation in San Diego. Guess what was waiting for me in the mail? A jury summons. Guess what else? My grandmother's SS-5.

No bombshells here. The application is dated December 1, 1936. She was 22 and living with her parents in Duncan, Oklahoma. She was employed by Duncan Publishing Company. I wonder if this was the newspaper job she talked about? I wonder if she did any writing? I'll have to investigate further whenever I get back to Oklahoma.

The house my grandmother grew up in is now called the "Saye Home," but my great-grandfather was the one that built the house. I'm not sure he is recognized as the builder by the locals. They seem more enamored by the later occupants. When I go back there, I plan on proving it was the Williamson Home before it was the Saye Home.





No comments:

Post a Comment