Thursday, July 3, 2008

Working on the WWW Puzzle

Not much time for genealogy today.

This evening, I'm going over some of the minutes from the Shiloh Cumberland Presbyterian Church, once part of Pope County, Arkansas.

The Williamson family was instrumental in its foundation and they were part of its backbone for decades.

William Woodberry Williamson (1853-1942) was a part of many of the sessions that were recorded in these minutes. I am adding the details of those events to my notes on "Wood" as he was called. He was my great-great grandfather. So far, I have 21 pages of typewritten notes. I could easily write a small history on him and I haven't even researched his post-1900 life. Maybe someday when all research avenues are exhausted, I'll write that piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment