Sunday, August 31, 2008

Not Many of Me

I have played with How Many of Me? before, but never in a genealogical perspective. Randy Seaver's mention of the site on his Genea-Musings blog, has led me to look at it again.

There are 427 people in the U.S. named Lenertz. Statistically, it is the 58869th most popular last name.

My Lenertz branch has been a tough nut to crack. I've come across very little information about the Lenertz family in America. What I have indicates many were connected in Iowa and Minnesota in the 1850's and 1860's. I joked about contacting other Lenertz people out of the blue and asking about their ancestors because there was a decent chance we were related. Judging from these numbers, that could be true.

1 comment:

  1. Several years ago I emailed a Lenertz told them about my dad asking if maybe we were somehow related. I never heard back from the person. Can't remember how I got an email address. So that was the end of that search!!

    ReplyDelete