Friday, January 16, 2009

Jumpstart Your Genealogy Blog: Week 2, Prompt 2

Week 2 of the Jumpstart Your Genealogy Blog Prompts says: Participate in carnivals. A blog carnival is a showcase of bloggers’ posts on a given topic. Genealogy bloggers LOVE carnivals because there’s something for everyone. To learn about when these showcase-type events are happening, read others’ genealogy blogs. Someone’s always talking about a carnival.

Been there, done that many times over. Check my tag "carnivals" on the right side to see the events in which I've participated.

Once you participate in a genealogy blog carnival and post your entry, I challenge you to go further. Read everyone else's entries and comment on the ones that move you. It's a very rewarding experience. You establish contact with other bloggers. If you provide the link to your blog in your comments, it also refers new readers to your work. Win win.

1 comment:

  1. Amy - Thanks again for this list of 52 prompts. I've been busiy re-organizing my home, my research, my room.. the list goes on and on. In the meantime, I finally did join a carnival this week, which I was a bit out of my comfort zone. I find I write better when I'm not thinking about the audience. Anyway, thanks for the list and the encouragement to keep going through it.

    ReplyDelete