Friday, March 13, 2009

My Pending Social Calendar

If you follow the Texas Genealogy Events calendar (and you should because I work really, really hard on it), you know that--genealogically speaking--there's plenty going on in Texas. I'm planning to attend a couple of the events myself, so I am plugging them here.

The Houston Genealogical Forum is hosting a seminar with Craig Scott, CG, on March 21. I wasn't initially planning on signing up for this event, because I don't have much time at home this month. However, I've heard nothing but good things about Craig Scott, so I figured this was one opportunity I shouldn't miss. Registration form is here, if you're interested.

The Lone Star Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists is holding a meeting April 4 in Waco. You must be a member (or the guest of a member) to attend. This is another event that doesn't fit well into my personal calendar, but I can't *not* go to my first meeting. I'm not a professional genealogist, but I figure if I breathe the same air as them for a while, I might pick up some wisdom along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous. When I do get to make my research visits to Texas, I hope to time them to coincide with genealogy events in the areas I am researching. Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete