Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reflections of Oklahoma City

Last year, my father, son, aunt and uncle took a family history road trip to Oklahoma. One day, we stopped at the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum. It was quite a moving experience.


Though the remains of the original building are gone, evidence of that day still stands:

On the outside fencing of the memorial, people from all over the world have left trinkets and bits of their own lives as tributes to those who were lost.


This is a picture of my son, looking at the objects on part of the wall. Part of me is sad when I see this image because it represents the intersection of my sweet little boy and the reality of this world.


The other part of me hopes I can teach him to make it a better place.

1 comment:

  1. When the news talked about the anniversary of Oklahoma City I thought about our day there. It was so quiet & peaceful there. It was a very moving experience for me. And Matt, he is a very kind & gentle person. He will do many great & wonderful things for others.

    ReplyDelete