Monday, May 4, 2009

Always Moving Forward

I have certain professional goals and my approach is to do something--anything--each day to move toward those goals. Always moving forward.

Sounds ambitious and driven, but it doesn't make for good blog fodder. Unfortunately, it's what I've been doing, so that's what you get.

Today was my second ProGen3 chat. 16 more to go, I guess? It went well. I love the topics and the group. Before the chat, we are given questions based on the readings in the Professional Genealogy book. During the chat, we compare answers, backgrounds, opinions, etc. My mind is always churning when chat is over.

After lunch, I finished the lecture part of my NGS course, assignment 8. Then I worked on one of the two tasks of the lesson. I transcribed a will. It was kind of a softball challenge. I easily interpreted the handwriting. I did pretty well on the abstracting, too. We'll see how well it serves me when I go for certification.

In less than a week, I will be at the National Genealogy Conference in Raleigh. I am very excited.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I like the "Always Moving Forward" part - it's a good inspiration, and it's something I need to be doing more of.

    ReplyDelete