Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Road Trip Coming Up

I have a little road trip coming up and I've been busy preparing for it. I have a packet of papers and records that may come in handy during research. I have directions to the little library & archives room that hopefully holds the answers to my questions. I have some loose directions to various cemeteries.

What's most important, though, are my directions to several of SW Louisiana's best restaurants. A genealogist needs to eat, you know.

I'll report my findings (on the facts and the food) at a later date.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to your Louisiana trip posts. Food is always important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, Amy. I hope you find the answers (and good food) you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the research, and have a muffaletta (dressed) and a little boudain, hah? (grin)

    And don't miss the beignets at the Cafe du Monde.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waders in the Gene Pool cannot live on leaves and twigs forever. Bring on the food.

    Found your site by way of GenealogyWise and wanted to leave a note saying that I have already found your blog to be entertaining and full of useful info even if I don't live in the same area you do.

    Look forward to upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Louisiana friend sends you good travel wishes and hopes for ancestral and food hunting success. If you get to Baton Rouge be sure and visit me at the Bluebonnet Library. I'd love to meet you! And I can hook you up with good food:).Cassie

    ReplyDelete