Monday, November 30, 2009

Count Me in for the Advent Calendar

Geneabloggers.com has reincarnated the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories.

I was hesitant to play along because (a) all the "good stuff" is on the inaccessible other computer and (b) my life just isn't that exciting. In genealogy years, I'm a baby. My yesteryears are the late 70's and early 80's.

But then I got to thinking...I really don't put down enough of my memories on this blog. I still live with the faint hope that a century down the road, someone will care about this history and be interested in what I write. And for that person, I've decided to play along with the Advent Calendar.

The plan is to do an entry for every day, even those for which I have no memories (and there are some). That's just the way it is. That's me.

Look for the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories series (version: ME) to start December 1, 2009.

4 comments:

  1. Amy, You are totally right about writing down our own memories. You have inspired me to do this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that is SO cool!!! Since I'm not a geneablogger, I think I'm going to do this either on my LJ or my WordPress blog. I'm also thinking of posting most of the prompts on our staff internal blog and see if I can get some discussion going there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to reading your posts....you are right, too often our own memories are forgotten in our search of the past.

    I have nominated you for a "Kreativ Blogger" award at http://ancestortracking.blogspot.com/2009/11/kreativ-blogger-award.html. Thank you for sharing your memories and expertise with your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have awarded you the Kreative Blogger Award. Please see my blog (http://johnbrownkin.blogspot.com/) Enjoy the accolades and don't forget to pass it on to 7 other bloggers

    alice

    ReplyDelete