First, let's look back at how I did with my 2009 resolutions.
I had some specific goals related to readership, statistics and this blog. I am happy to say that I have exceeded all of those goals. It just amazes me how many people read this blog on a regular basis. Thank you.
As for my personal family research, I was about 50/50. I did well with the Lenertz line, but didn't do much with the Colberts. I did order some microfiche from the Family History Library, so I'm giving myself a gold star for that. The Thibodeauxs are still difficult. I did make progress during a road trip, however.
As for professional goals...I did write stuff and get it published, so yay me. In 2009, I also said I would have a timeline for starting the CG clock. Well you know what? I've changed my mind. No CG in my immediate future. Frankly, it's lost its luster to me. Perhaps in time I will find it essential to my professional goals, but not now.
So what's up for 2010?
1. Earn more money from genealogy endeavors than I did last year. That shouldn't be hard as the amount of $ between my couch cushions exceeds my genealogy income for 2009.
2. Get two articles published. Also not hard.
3. Increase FeedBurner readership by 33%. Increase daily blog views by 50%. I really think I can do both of these with a little work/marketing.
4. Complete ProGen and my NGS course. Also, I need to find a way to fit 3 extra hours in the day to accomplish this.
5. Continue to work on my perfect 100% sourced database in RootsMagic. It really is a thing of beauty.
6. Be thankful every day for my genealogy blog readers and friends. Also, try to give back in kind all they have given me.
Happy New Year. It's gonna be a good one, genealogically speaking.