Tuesday, January 12, 2010

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I have an informal one-name study of sorts for the surname Lenertz. I just want to keep track of the U.S.-based clusters and see of I can connect them.

Last night I was poking around GenealogyBank.com and I found a Lenertz hit on an Oklahoma newspaper. I thought my line was the only Lenertz in Oklahoma, but apparently not. I have to idea who these people are, but I got a kick out of the article, so I'm sharing the text of it here:

(The Tulsa Daily World, Friday, July 2, 1915. Courthouse Notes.)

Harry L. Lenertz yesterday filed suit in the superior court against his wife, Emma Lenertz, alleging that she had neglected her duty as a wife. The petition shows that on numerous occasions Mrs. Lenertz failed to leave the meals prepared when he returned from his work, and that sometimes it would require thirty minutes for her to cook the meal. This all helped to make life unpleasant, says the action, and together with her apparent lack of affection for him made his domestic life unbearable.

Hmm....there's more to this story than what is told in this blurb. I might be Team Emma here.

You know what I like? Harry's main complaint is that she won't cook his meals. The "apparent lack of affection" is secondary.

I thought I knew all the Lenertz's but apparently not. If I had all the money and time in the world, I'd research this case and find out what happened. Did Harry find a new woman who would put up with him? What happened to Emma? Maybe the answer will come out in time. Until then, I better get my hiney in the kitchen so I don't meet a similar fate.

7 comments:

  1. That's too funny! It would be interesting to hear the "rest of the story".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor baby. Imagine having to wait a whole half hour for his dinner. Emma was well rid of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,

    Lucie's Legacy has awarded you the Happy 101 Award.

    Please visit my blog to retrieve your award. Thank you.

    http://lucieslegacy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I haven't cooked since before Thanksgiving. Hope my hubby doesn't read this article! ;-)

    hilarious, thanks for sharing. I too would be interested to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The horror! A whole thirty minutes! Can't you just picture him sitting at the table with the fork in one fist and the knife in the other demanding dinner?

    Thanks for a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh stop! I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard! Poor baby. A half an hour to wait for his dinner. Can you imagine what that poor woman's life was like! My husband would have divorced me a thousand times over if dinner was the criteria. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is TOO funny! Is that called irreconcilable differences? Emma should of told him to go to the nearest McDonalds! Would of had to walk a long ways and for many years!

    ReplyDelete