Monday, December 13, 2010

Vote for the Family Tree 40


Family Tree Magazine has opened voting for their 2011 Family Tree 40 Best Genealogy Blogs.

You can see the announcement here. Vote for your favorites on the ballot. You can vote as much as you want through December 20, 2010.

This morning I was surprised to find this blog nominated in the "Everything" category. Thank you to whoever nominated me, I'm really touched. Then I looked at the list of fellow bloggers in this category and I felt really honored to be in such esteemed company. Wow.

Normally, I'd put links here to all the nominees, but we're having a crisis in the Coffin house and I'm pressed for time. Seems the boy can't find his dress shoes, which are needed for tonight's Christmas concert. Looks like someone is going to have to wear tennis shoes with his formal uniform and learn a tough lesson about being prepared.

On that note, I'm going to refer you to DearMYRTLE, who has prepared a sample ballot complete with active links for all the nominated blogs. Go forth and pick your favorites.

If you vote for me, I will lower your taxes promise more photos of copiers with devil horns. Actually, you'll probably get those anyway. No vote is necessary. All I can guarantee is that in the Christmas band picture tonight, my son is the one in the tennis shoes.

I'd make an awful politician.

Now get out there and vote!

[Edited 12/14/10 to add this tidbit: my son fessed up to his band teacher about his missing shoes and got a loaner pair for the evening. A Festivus miracle!]

13 comments:

  1. Jinx! I did a politician theme too.

    Congratulations. This was the very first genealogy blog I read, and I liked it well enough that I ended up starting one. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess i will go vote for both of you again. vote early and vote often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK... I voted... but only because I want to see more copiers with devil horns. Or, perhaps just more satanic office equipment in general; I often have fights with the fax machine and the shredder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I already gave you a freebie vote, but I demand a bribe for the next dozen: more pictures of rotted Christmas ornaments! Congratulations, you talented Texan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I didn't even know I had been nominated until now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny, Kerry and I share the same story. Your blog was also the first I read and got me started on my own. You are so deserving of this nomination! I promise to vote often....now, about those taxes.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Voting early AND often! But only if you raise taxes, have 24 hour libraries and a Flip-Pal in every pot.

    Great job, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Amy! Make sure you print out the list for your parents' coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Amy on your nomination! I have already case a vote your way! Enjoy your blog and look forward to reading your name among the top 40!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Amy! May my luck of the last week rub off on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Amy. You are getting my votes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your nomination. I'm voting often for you. Just promise more early morning laughs for me.

    PS. Been there, done that, more than once on the shoes for band/orchestra concert. Must be a rite of passage!

    ReplyDelete