Friday, February 4, 2011

Genealogy 411 for February 4, 2011


Our family truckster in my grandparents' driveway 
in Wrightwood, California, circa 1980

The picture above has nothing to do with this post, but it seems to fit the overall theme of the past few days.

I took a week off from blogging, and boy did it feel good. I needed a break, plus I had a lot of inquiries coming at me from all sides. I was so busy responding to others, that I couldn't focus enough to write here. Now I've had my break and I'm gearing up for RootsTech. Here are some of the news stories I collected in the past week and put in one place:

Archives.com published a chart of Online Family History Trends.

Registration is open for the 2011 Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference in Springfield, Illinois.

There is an event called "Super Indexing Sunday,"where folks do volunteer indexing at FamilySearch on February 6. There's something else going on that day, but it shouldn't interfere, right?

Getting Started on Ancestry.com webinar, Monday, February 7, 2011 at 8:00PM EST. In fact, there are several Ancestry.com webinars in the near future. See them here and watch videos of past webinars.

There's a Family Tree Maker webinar on February 16. Click the link for information on how to sign up.

RootsMagic has several webinars in their future as well. Click here to sign up or watch past presentations.

Finally, Who Do You Think You Are season 2 starts tonight. Glad I looked because it's on at 7 here.

Guess that's it for now. Go forth and find your family's history! Or take a nap. Up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment