Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Win a copy of RootsMagic 4 and the book!


At RootsTech, Bruce Buzbee gave the official bloggers copies of RootsMagic and the accompanying Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic 4 book to do with at they see fit. This little swag was billed as a virtual door prize, meant for folks who watched RootsTech unfold from home. 

So if you weren't able to come to Salt Lake City to join the fun, RootsMagic's generosity has allowed me to bring the fun to you:

Win a copy of RootsMagic 4 software and the Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic 4 book!

Petey the feline spokesmodel not included

The fairest way I can think of to give everyone an equal chance is a random drawing. Send me an email at [Redacted. Contest over.] with RootsMagic in the subject line. You can enter now through 11:59PM Central Time on Tuesday, March 1, 2011. Each email will be numbered in the order in which they landed in the email box. On Wednesday, March 2, I will randomly draw and announce the winner. 

This little event is open to blog readers in the U.S. and Canada only. Sorry, but postage rates make it so.

Anyone who does not already own a copy of RootsMagic 4 is eligible. Owners of earlier editions of RootsMagic are welcome to enter the drawing, as RootsMagic 4 is completely different than what you own.

Genealogy bloggers, feel free to let your readers know about this drawing. It's all about spreading some genealogy love.

Guess that's it. Good luck to everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I just entered! Thank you for running this contest, it is really nice of you! And Petey is a great model :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lidian! I received your entry. Petey wasn't too in to the modeling gig. This was the only decent shot I got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I can't enter your competition! It's a great idea.

    I know one official Rootstech blogger who wasn't given a copy of RootsMagic or the book Getting the most out of RootsMagic.

    Think you need to change your fist line to "At RootsTech, Bruce Buzbee gave some official bloggers.... :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great idea, I've sent in my email!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo...Petey is precious! Just sent you an email, and thanks for spreading genealogy love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,

    Just sent you an e-mail. Thanks for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geniaus,

    I made the offer to any blogger at RootsTech, but not all of them took me up on it ;-)

    Email me.

    - Bruce

    ReplyDelete