Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Genealogy news Bits for May 11, 2011

I've been busy with The Little Book Project That Could, but I still find some time each day to read genealogy blogs. Here are some of the stories and posts I enjoyed and thought you might as well:

In her Begin with Craft blog, Valerie Craft compares the features of DNA companies 23 and Me and Family Tree DNA. See her post Relative Finder vs. Family Finder for her observations and an idea of what to expect if you dip your toe in the genetic genealogy pool.

Lorine McGinnis at Olive Tree Genealogy had a bad experience with Memopal. I don't use it, but I thought others might want to heed her warning.

Are you a current or former member of the ProGen study group who will be going to Jamboree? There's a meet up. See this post at Little Bytes of Life for details.

Ever wonder how to make the switch from Family Tree Maker 2011 to Roots Magic 4? Randy Seaver lays it all out in his GeneaMusings blog. Since I started from scratch in Roots Magic instead of transferring, this is one question I can't answer for those that have asked me. I'm so glad Randy does so, and did it better than I ever could.

Guess that's it for now. Go forth and be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment