Saturday, June 11, 2011

SCGS11 Jamboree Part 1

Hello from the 2011 Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree!

Many bloggers congregated on Friday morning. It looked like this:


At noon, many of the bloggers moved over to the convention center, where Bloggers' Island was set up. It was a special section of chairs and tables with outlets and wifi access. This is so handy, especially when you're trying to blog about an event. Thank you to SCGS for our "special space."


Here is the beautiful Genea-Quilters quilt being raffled off to one lucky winner:


The sessions I was interested in started in the afternoon. I will blog about those in another post, but now I'm going to rest. Partying one's way through a genealogy conference is hard work!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos, Amy! It's nice to be able to attend Jamboree vicariously through the posts and tweets from the geneabloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add my thanks for this wonderful vicarious experience - some day I have to attend in person!

    ReplyDelete