Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let's Call the Whole Thing Off



Six days after Geni.com made the decision that Geni Pro Just Got a Whole Lot Better--which created a mass backlash, exodus, and managed to get a comment from me--CEO Noah Tutak finally released his own statement: A Message From Geni's CEO.

The first sentence in the third paragraph pretty much sums it up for me. 

"Geni's goal is to create a single, accurate family tree of the world."

As I have said, this is not my goal. Had it been clearly stated when I first joined, I never would have joined. Privacy and control are my priorities.

Geni's focus isn't user needs, it's that one tree. Tutak has made that very clear with today's blog post. I only wish he had done it much sooner and not wasted my time or caused the company's image to sour.

Good luck with your big tree Geni, and work on those communication skills.

2 comments: