Friday, December 9, 2011

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories: December 9




(This is post 9 in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories hosted by Geneabloggers.com)

Prompt: December 9 - Grab Bag
Author's Choice. Please post from a topic that helps you remember Christmas past!

Technically, my post isn't about the past, because my family is still using this idea started by my mom. A few years back, my mom gathered all the Christmas family photos through the years, as well as all the photo holiday cards that have been sent to their house. The whole stack of pictures now rests in a basket that comes out every Christmas. She sets the basket in a high-traffic area, on the counter between the kitchen and the family room. Guests love to look at those pictures. Heck, I've seen them 1,000 times and I still look at them, too.

So my "grab bag" post is to share my mom's picture basket idea with readers. Does your family share past holiday pictures in a creative way? Do tell!


(Originally posted December 9, 2009)

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea and i am going to try and do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like, Kristin...I love the idea and think I'm going to have to try it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've sent holiday photos every year since 1975 when my first daughter was born. My husband said just last night that it would be fun to take every card and put them in a frame to display. It would have to be a very large frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea -- one I'll have to consider. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete