Sunday, December 18, 2011

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories: December 18



(This is post 18 in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories hosted by Geneabloggers.com)

Prompt: December 18 - Christmas Stockings
Did you have one? Where did you hang it? What did you get in it? Do you have any Christmas stockings used by your ancestors?

My sister and I did have stockings. My mom made them. Mine is green and my sister's is red. They have our names on them. I am speaking about them in the present tense because my mom still hangs them and we still open gifts in them. The presents are always small and simple: cute socks, mints, puzzle books, etc.

My son has a stocking crocheted by my grandmother. It has his name on it.

These are the closest examples I have to heirloom-type Christmas decorations.


(Originally published December 18, 2009)

1 comment:

  1. Amy, how wonderful that you and your sister still use the stockings of your childhood and that your mother still fills them!

    ReplyDelete