Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories: December 21



(This is post 21 in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories hosted by Geneabloggers.com)

Prompt: December 21 - Christmas Music
What songs did your family listen to during Christmas? Did you ever go caroling? Did you have a favorite song?

Back in the day, my dad had a reel-to-reel player that had Christmas songs. I don't remember the exact songs. My favorite one was probably the entire score for the Charlie Brown Christmas Special.

My parents have a jukebox of 45s at their house now. A large portion of the box is Christmas music. My son loves to pick the songs and we have some happy memories from that.

No caroling in this family. We're vocally challenged, best when seen and not heard.


(Originally published December 21, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment