Friday, December 23, 2011

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories: December 23



(This is post 23 in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories hosted by Geneabloggers.com)

Prompt: December - Christmas Sweetheart Memories
Do you have a special memory of a first Christmas present from a sweetheart? How did you spend your first Christmas together? Any Christmas engagements or weddings among your ancestors?

My parents got engaged in December 24, 1965.

I got engaged on December 24, 1995.

That's 30 years later for the math-challenged.

My now husband gave me a robe and put the ring in the pocket. I was too stupid to check the pocket. We're perfect for each other.

Post engagement 1995.
I'm not short, I'm vertically challenged.


(Originally published December 23, 2009)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting -- my husband and I got engaged on exactly the same day as your parents, December 24, 1965. But that's not the end of our story. We broke up, got engaged again, broke up, got engaged again, and finally got married. No one could have predicted we'd still be together, 44 years later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got engaged on my parents' 24th wedding anniversary - 9/3. And six months later, 3/9, we were married.

    ReplyDelete