1. Deduct $50 per instance of government incompetence inhibiting your process of getting a county record (max $300). Clerk with an attitude, missing volume, and stupid access rules all qualify, but you must document each occurrence with a venting blog post.
2. Deduct $25 for each full hour of work time you've spent deleting "the definition of professionalism" threads of APG list emails from your inbox.
3. Receive a $100 sanity credit for your valiant attempts in 2011 to reassure the public and semi-competent media outlets that genealogists aren't out to steal anyone's identities.
4. Deduct 5% of a conference registration fee for each session billed as general genealogy education, but in reality is just a chance for a vendor/speaker to sell products.
5. Receive a $50 credit for each time in 2011 you had to explain to your friends and/or family that you're into GENEALOGY, not GYNECOLOGY.