Tuesday, July 31, 2012

FGS2012 Brainstorming Sessions

This is the first in what might be several posts I write about the upcoming 2012 Federation of Genealogical Societies annual conference in Birmingham, Alabama, August 29-September 1, 2012.

FGS just announced the upcoming brainstorming sessions on their blog. These classes all happen on Society Day, which is Wednesday, August 29. All the sessions on that day focus on society issues such as membership, publicity, fundraising, etc.

Last year's brainstorming sessions were such a hit that they're back for another round. I love this style of session because the audience is the teacher. We all come together as a group and pool our collective wisdom. What works for your society? How can I fix this in my society? It's like having many experts for any given question.

Here's the lineup for the August 29 brainstorming sessions:

11:00AM

Programs and Education
Facilitators: Sue Tolbert and Cindy Foreman

Websites and Social Media
Facilitators: Linda Woodward Geiger and Bruce Buzbee

2:00PM

Recruiting and Managing Volunteers
Facilitators: Paula Stuart-Warren and Pat Oxley

3:30PM

21st Century Marketing
Facilitators: Thomas MacEntee and Amy Coffin (no, really)

Modern Publication Options
Facilitators: Lisa Alzo and Polly Kimmitt

5:00PM

State and Umbrella Society Issues
Facilitators: Billie Stone Fogarty and Diane VanSkiver Gagel

Doesn't that sound great? I'm a little bummed that I'll miss Modern Publication Options, but that's ok. I can't wait to help facilitate a discussion on 21st century marketing for genealogy societies. Bring your questions and ideas and we'll have a good (and productive) time.




1 comment:

  1. Amy, I know you have great ideas and how wonderful to be facilitating with Thomas. Have a great time. Sorry I can't be there but if I was I'd be coming to your session.

    ReplyDelete