Friday, October 5, 2012

Fun with Search Terms

It's time for another round of "Fun with Search Terms!" People type certain words or phrases into search engines. If the combination is right, my blog turns up in the search results. Sometimes the searches are funny. Sometimes I can provide more information to users, if only they'd comment on my blog. Either way, I enjoy the process. Please note that these searches are anonymous so I don't know who is stumbling on my blog. I just comment in the hope that they find it again.

Now on with the show. Actual search phrases are in bold.

rootstech 2013
You've come to the right place! Here is the official RootsTech website. Register now for early-bird pricing at $149. OR use this special code RT129 for a $129 registration rate. Hurry up though because it expires Oct. 12.

"pope county singing convention"
Sigh....you know I have a connection to that book. If you're looking it up, then you do, too. WHY U NO CONTACT ME? The Clayton Library has the book on its shelves. I can look up something for you if you want. 

a picture of a french speaking person in history
How do you know whether or not a person in a photo is speaking....oh nevermind. Here are some genuine French speakers:


My great-great grandparents
...but they're under copyright so don't steal them.

Clayton house events Houston
The Clayton house is part of the Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research. It's where most of their events are held. Here is the library's official Events page, but I suggest subscribing to both newsletters (Clayton Extra and Clayton Town Crier), too. They have more event information on them. Instructions on how to subscribe are one the events page. Also, I try to keep up with all the Clayton events on my monthly Houston genealogy social calendar.

Texas state genealogy conference.
Ask and you shall receive: Texas State Genealogical Society Annual Conference.

j mark lowe event
If I won the lottery (which would be incredible since I don't play the lottery), I would follow Mark Lowe around to all his genealogy speaking gigs. He is my favorite speaker. And he didn't even pay me to say that. Or that. I like dirt and he often talks about dirt and it's relation to genealogy. Maybe that's it. Anyway, his official business website does not have a speaking schedule, but his official Facebook page does include upcoming events.

genealogy blog book review
The only genealogy blog book you need is The Big Genealogy Blog Book. Here are some Amazon reviews of it, some Goodreads reviews, one from Canada, and one from a very smart lady in Texas.

family history book ideas
I'm no rocket surgeon, but why not write about your family's history?



Thanks for playing and have a great Family History Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment