Friday, November 2, 2012

Fun with Search Terms

It's time for another round of "Fun with Search Terms!" People type certain words or phrases into search engines. If the combination is right, my blog turns up in the search results. Sometimes the searches are funny. Sometimes I can provide more information to users, if only they'd comment on my blog. Either way, I enjoy the process. Please note that these searches are anonymous so I don't know who is stumbling on my blog. I just comment in the hope that they find it again.

Now on with the show. Actual search phrases are in bold.

amy coffin genealogy + facebook
I do have a Facebook account. It's my personal page. I do not have a business page. If you're trying to contact me, it's best to do it through the e-mail address listed at the top right of this blog instead of Facebook. I don't always get messages meant for me at Facebook. They don't go into my message box, but instead into some sort of message black hole that I find out about a year after a message was sent. Then I look like a huge jerk for not answering someone's message. This is one of my many gripes about Facebook and why I haven't run out to get a business page there.

genealogy bloggers at Rootstech 2013
Here's a list of RootsTech 2013 official bloggers. There will also be many more genealogy bloggers in attendance so if you're looking for a meet-up, let me know.

cemeteries las vegas new mexico
Have you been to Las Vegas? I've been to Las Vegas. It's a small town in a vast area. The land stretches on for miles, and some of the cemeteries aren't in the city limits. Here is a Find a Grave list of all the cemeteries in San Miguel County that they have listed. Here is San Miguel County page for the New Mexico Transcription Project. Also, here's a list of San Miguel Cemeteries from the New Mexico GenWeb page. Hope these help!

daughters of the american revolution meetings are boring
You're stating this as a fact on your search engine of choice? I'm fine with your opinion, I'm just baffled that this was an actual query. My guess is that some DAR meetings are boring, and some are not. It depends on the personality and culture of the chapter. If yours is on the boring side, branch out and explore other nearby chapters.

george morgan fgs
Interesting that my blog was the first result to pop up for this query. George Morgan is the vice-president of membership for the Federation of Genealogical Societies. You can reach him by the email provided on the FGS Board page under "Officers," or through his business contact page at Aha! Seminars.

how much does a genealogy researcher make?
Depends on how hard that genealogy researcher works.

top genealogy blogs
That search query led you to this here little ol' blog? Awesome. My work here is done.

leave or duty ration book
A Google Image search for ration book yields many images. Look but don't steal. Just because images are on the Internet doesn't mean they're free to use. Respect copyright, yo.

1970's businessmen
I saved the best for last. When I saw this query, I immediately thought of the Internet classic Dorcus collection. Start at the beginning and read at a leisurely pace, just like a Sunday newspaper. Perfect time waster for a Friday. And when you're done there, take a gander at The Gobbler, because that's where 1970's businessmen stay.

Thanks for playing! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment