Wednesday, January 29, 2014

RootsTech Updates and News



RootsTech 2014 is fast approaching. Whether you are going or staying home, there are some updates you might find interesting.

First, for the home crowd, the free online broadcast schedule has been released. These are sessions you can watch from home. There are 15 sessions, which works out to one for each time slot. It's essentially like attending the conference online for free, so take advantage of this if you can. The link for the sessions will be on the front RootsTech page at conference time. They will also be recorded and available at a later date.

Also for the home crowd on Twitter. Here is a special link for you. It includes tweets from the official #rootstech hashtag AND the #rootstech2014 hashtag people keep using in error. This way you get it all.

Lastly for the home crowd, here is the place to find RootsTech Official Bloggers. There will also be many more genealogy bloggers there, so read up.

Here is the link to download RootsTech syllabus materials. Get on it as these are available for a limited time.

If your planned trip to the Family History Library included viewing microfilms, here is how to request films stored in the Granite Mountain Record Vault. Very helpful! I'm in the middle of making my film list and already I have 2 that need to be ordered from there.

Git yer RootsTech app! It comes in two flavors: iTunes and Google Play.

Guess that's it for today. I just took my first look at the Salt Lake City weather for next week. It's too cold for me, of course. I might have to bring the clunky boots. I trip a lot in them, but at least my feet will be warm.


2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Thanks so much for this post! I won't be able to attend RootsTech this year (sigh), so I've been waiting to see the schedule for the live-streaming sessions. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in my Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-january-31.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete