Monday, February 3, 2014

Touchdown in Salt Lake City

Today I made my way from home to Salt Lake City for a little pre-RootsTech research time.

Here is the obligatory "view from my room" photo:


The dome is the state capitol. My room is great, but my thermostat has two settings: OFF and HELL. So either I freeze or burn. This should be a fun week.

I was able to spend two hours in the Family History Library this afternoon. I was successful in finding records in that short time. Much more research is planned for tomorrow.

I intended on having a quiet dinner at the hotel, since there aren't many RootsTech people here yet. However, the president of the Illinois Genealogical Society saw me through a window and joined me for a lovely meal and discussion. We talked about genealogy and DNA, as well as our families. It was just one of those cool serendipitous meetups that happens at genealogy conferences.

All in all it was a good first day. Now I have to enter the records into my RootsMagic database before I forget.

Tomorrow is another day. There will be waffles for breakfast.

2 comments: