Monday, August 25, 2014

Greetings from San Antonio for #FGS2014

Today I drove away from Houston and aimed my car toward San Antonio. My goal and intent was to be there for the Federation of Genealogical Societies 2014 Annual Conference.

I timed my trip so I would arrive in Luling, Texas around lunch time. I went to City Market.


This was the quintessential Texas BBQ joint. You walk through the store to the smoke room where they cook the meat and order there. They give it to you on butcher paper.


I ordered brisket and sausage. There are no forks. The bread is for moppin'. Should you want sides, you will get a fork with those, but they are sold in the store, not the smoke room.


My Diet Coke invited me to share it with a Go-Getter. I did just drive to an unfamiliar town and eat new stuff. Then I was driving to San Antonio to be part of a big conference. It doesn't get and more go-getter than that.

After I arrived in San Antonio, I spent some time resting, then went to the mall. I ran into Linda McCauley, who then led me to Marian Pierre-Louis, Paula Stuart Warren, Caroline Pointer and Polly Kimmitt.


On our way back to dinner, we stopped by The Alamo. It sure is pretty at night.

This was a good day, even though it was a travel day.

Tomorrow is Librarians' Day. I am very excited.


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your report on Librarians' Day! I've heard James Harkins before but none of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be tbere with you.

    ReplyDelete