Tuesday, December 16, 2008

NGS2009: I'm in

I decided to go to the 2009 National Genealogical Society Annual Conference. It ain't cheap and I've cashed in all my child care credits for the year, but oh well. I know where I want to be and this will help me get there.

I'm curious to see how this event compares to a professional library/research conference, where I am an old salt. During those, about 50% of the value comes from the socializing and networking outside the programs.

My arrival date is a day early so I can go to the North Carolina State Archives. I want to check out the records on my Jones family and hopefully grow that line back a couple generations.

Anyway, if you're going, let me know.

Also, I'm using the blog tag NGS2009 for anything related to the conference. Hopefully others do the same so it will come up on my news alerts. This won't be a big deal this far out, but it will be beneficial as the day approaches and during the event.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Great idea. I'll look forward to your reports since I won't be attending. (No North Carolina family in my tree!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    I am planning on going and also arriving early. Not sure if I will try to research or do tourist things. Depends on work etc. Also need to update my FTM and work on doing some organization of records & files. Gotten behind with my volunteering for ETGS and TSGS.

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete