Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Family Field Trip and Map

The Saturday after Christmas, I'm taking a little family history field trip. I made a custom map of all the places of importance. I thought I'd share it here, in case someone likes the idea for their own family.

My Family Field Trip Map. Click on the blue markers if you want to read a little bit about each spot. I didn't use exact addresses because I'm sharing this with the public, but you get the idea.

I love making custom Google Maps for genealogy. I made another one to mark rural cemeteries in Arkansas. This is a great collaborative tool that can benefit everyone.

All relatives are invited to come along on this trip. Tell my dad if you want to go so he can get a head count. I have no desire to go to Downey, I just threw that one in there.

Also family, if you remember other addresses that should be on here, let me know.

[Edit: I know I'm missing the Fontana address. It's not on any records I have, so that's why it's not on the map. Let me know if you remember the street name, or general area.]

3 comments:

  1. Jack, I don't know the address for when you guys lived in Fontana. That's why it's not added to the map yet. Do you remember the street name? I'll check some old voter records and see if I can find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made a couple of maps to go along with my genealogy. I like how you can add whatever you want to go with each pin.

    It looks like you are going to have quite a tour.

    ReplyDelete