Monday, January 12, 2009

Frankie and Her Sisters

One of my 2009 resolutions was to build a foundation to research my Chickasaw Colberts. To do so, I had to start with my great-grandmother and her five sisters.

I already have the death certificate for my great grandmother, Frankie Velma Jones (1888-1951).

Today I filled out the applications for death certificates for the sisters. I was surprised that two of the sisters died in California, as did Frankie. Frankie was the eldest and she was born in Texas. All the other sisters were born in Indian Territory/Oklahoma.

Here's my death certificate shopping list:

Mattie Jones Frensley (1890-1979)
Naomi Jones Gable (1894- ? betw. 1920-1926)
Rutha Jones Fuqua (1895-1991)
Vera Jones Cobble (1901-1967)
Mary Elizabeth Jones Bennett (1909-1987)

I also printed applications for Naomi's 2 children, Ruth's husband Nolen (because I don't know his mom's name), and one of Vera's children.

Notes for my family:

1. These sisters are Doris' aunts. Their children are her 1st cousins.

2. The two California sisters (Vera and Mary) lived in the Pasadena/Altadena area. Do you remember visiting anyone out there in the 1940's-1950's?

1 comment:

  1. YES. DON'T REMEMBER MUCH, IT WAS JUST ANOTHER BORING DAY IN THE LIFE OF A KID

    ReplyDelete