This week, I got a call from my local Family History Center saying my microfilms of Pope County, Arkansas probate records had arrived. This was a small victory given my history with ordering items from the Family History Library.
I arrived and located my films. Given my luck, I fully expected them to be for another state's Pope County or some other error. Not only were they the right films, but I saw the surname I was looking for. Progress!
Unfortunately, the index on the second roll was lacking. If my great-great-great grandfather's will was there, it wasn't mentioned in the index. I did see many references to Williamsons, including my John Williamson as executor and witness. In the coming weeks, I'll return to the FHC and go over this roll frame by frame.
My FHC has a film reader that allows patrons to print records or digitally scan them. There are several Williamson wills I want, so I tried the digital method. All of them came out unreadable, though they looked clear-ish on the screen.
Time ran out, so I had to leave. When I go back next week, I'll bring a camera to attempt to photograph the clear screen, and I'll bring a few dimes in case the printing option works.
Either way I'm just glad my record-ordering curse is over. Onward.