Saturday, June 12, 2010

SCGS10 Update 2

Another busy day, another hurried update. The genealogy gift bags were a hit. I spent the morning at the pick-up point (aka the unofficial blogger hangout) greeting everyone as they arrived. I lunched with A. C. Ivory (of the Find My Ancestor blog) and Holly Hansen (of Family History Expos).

In the afternoon, I volunteered at the California Genealogical Society booth with Kathryn Doyle. It was great to talk with people in the hall, and I was happy to help the society as a "distance" member.

Then I went to Lisa Louise Cooke's class on using Google Earth for genealogy. This was a substitute for a cancelled class, but you'd never know it because it was completely full. Lisa is a great speaker and it was fun to see how excited the crowd was to see all the tricks. Lisa shared a photo (location unknown) from her family and then showed the audience how she used Google Earth and all its tricks to discover the location of the photo. Good stuff.

Pre-dinner, we had a ProGen meetup (very brief) and a photo. Then I went to the banquet. Chris Haley (nephew of Alex) was the speaker.

After the banquet, some people went to the bar, but I could barely stay awake. Long days, Texas time and my advancing age (lol) will do that to you.

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    It was a pleasure to work with you at our table. Thanks so much for volunteering to help!

    ReplyDelete