Saturday, December 4, 2010

Advent Calendar: December 4



(This is post 4 in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories hosted by Geneabloggers.com)

Prompt: December 4 - Christmas Cards
Did your family send cards? Did your family display the ones they received? Do you still send Christmas cards? Do you have any cards from your ancestors?

Remember how I told you there would be days in this Advent Calendar series where I wouldn't have very good answers for the questions? This is one of those days.

My parents were not card senders. As far as I can remember, neither were my grandparents.

We did receive cards. They were propped on the book shelves in the living room. Later on, my mom kept cards in a basket. In fact, she still does this.

Normally I send cards, but I think I'll take this year off. When the holiday gets to be a chore, it's time to cut back. The cards are part of that effort. Sorry. :/


(This post was originally published December 4, 2009)

2 comments:

  1. I've been known to leave them out, too. I wanted to let you know that I am giving you the "Ancestor Approved" Award for your blog. Please go to
    http://mmgenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/12/ancestor-approved-award.html
    and pick up your badge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More and more people are doing this. Because Christmas has gotten easier as my children get older, I'll stick with it for a while. But any year that could change.

    ReplyDelete