Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Genealogy News Bits for March 29, 2011

Here are some genealogy news stories that I've found online recently. I thought you might be interested in them:


DearMYRTLE is leading a Twitter/TweetDeck webinar tomorrow, March 30. It's free, but space is limited. More details here.

The Dallas Genealogical Society is hosting a "Researching Texas" seminar May 14. More details at their website.

Noted house historian Marian Pierre-Louis of the New England House Historian blog has penned a great article: 5 Ways Homeowners Can Save Historic Houses.

The Old Buncombe County Genealogical Society has a wonderful video that shares about their society. All genealogical societies should have this type of marketing tool. You do not need to have a fancy library. Just show what makes your group special. If you can't handle the video tech, ask around for someone that can. It's not as difficult as you think it is. I spoke with some of the OBCGS folks at the FGS conference in Raleigh. My Jones line hails from there. I wish I had this group's resources at my fingertips.

That's all for now. Go forth and be awesome.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment