Friday, May 20, 2011

Fun With Search Terms

It's time for another round of "Fun with Search Terms!" People type certain words or phrases into search engines. If the combination is right, my blog turns up in the search results. Sometimes the searches are funny. Sometimes I can provide more information to users, if only they'd comment on my blog. Either way, I enjoy the process. Please note that these searches are anonymous so I don't know who is stumbling on my blog. I just comment in the hope that they find it again.

Now on with the show. Actual search phrases are in bold.

native Chickasaw pictures from Oklahoma
Your best bet for anything related to Chickasaw history is the Chickasaw Cultural Center. If they don't have what you're looking for, they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

genealogist Houston
Here I am! I love that this search phrase leads right to my blog, so I'm going to keep mentioning it and building up that connection. 

a cowhand on the Chisholm Trail
Are you looking for photos? Historical accounts? A real person? I need more information, but I'll throw this link to the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center out there for you. I also have a book suggestion, but I'll wait to be contacted to see if the person is interested.

amy coffin book review
The genealogy book reviews on my blog are easily accessed by the "book reviews" label at the side of this page. I've also written several reviews in print. You can find some of them in issues of the Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly magazine.

is flip pal any good?
Yes.

Sarah Neilson Jones
Sarah Brigance Williamson
Two more examples of people searching for my direct ancestors and visiting my blog without contacting me. Sad Amy is sad.

ideas for genealogy blogs
This book I'm working on has 201 genealogy blog ideas in it. Will that work for you? It will be released this Summer. Stay tuned.

who was Riley Fuzzel road named after?
It's a secret.

Thanks for playing!
.
.

4 comments:

  1. Very funny! I love this series you do.
    I hear you on the frustration with people who search your ancestor but don't contact you! And I'd like to know what's with one of mine--4 searches for my grandmother's obituary led them to my blog--and she's still alive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me guess... Riley Fuzzel was named after Riley Fuzzel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa - been out of town a few days - congrats on the book! Who's the publisher?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I'm self-publishing it. Too niche-y for traditional publication (in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete