Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oklahoma Road Trip, Part 1

Last week, I went to Oklahoma with my son and parents. We wanted to visit some Chickasaw sites, do a little genealogy and just have a road trip.

Ardmore was our home base and we set out each morning from there. On the first day, we went to Ada to handle some business with the Chickasaw Nation. This isn't as cryptic as it sounds. My dad needed new glasses and he gets them from the Nation. We went to the eye doctor and the pharmacy.

On the trip there, we paused to consult a map. This guy was no help:


Since this was a family trip, each member of the family had distinct activities they wanted to accomplish along the way. Longtime readers of this blog will not be surprised that my son wanted to photograph train crossings:


On the way back to our hotel, we drove through the Chickasaw National Recreation Area bordering Sulphur. It was a lovely place, but the 100+ temperature didn't make exploration very appealing. We did see some of the park residents, though:


On to Oklahoma Road Trip, Part 2 here.


3 comments:

  1. I look so small in the crossing picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to see the animal pictures. Am sure you saw some cute dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be following and re-reading of your trip, I too have lots of relatives in OK and TX. Riggs and Armstrong would be the last names. How fun for you and your family to have a long road trip, especially in this heat we are having. I am up the road a bit in KS. Thanks for following my blog! Glenda

    ReplyDelete