Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Registered for the Forensic Genealogy Institute

My Texas genealogy friends probably think I'm flaky because I never attend state or regional genealogy conferences or events. The reality is that most of them fall at least partially during the week and I can't do that. Believe me, I'd love to leave my kid with a box of cereal and a television remote, but the state of Texas frowns on that.

However, the planets have aligned and I get to go to the upcoming Forensic Genealogy Institute.

Woo-hoo!  ::: throws confetti::::

I put this institute on my genealogy bucket list, but didn't expect to be able to go for a couple years. The institute appeals to me because of the subject matter. I want to be well-versed in the record groups they cover.

Special thank to my husband for taking a Wednesday 5:30am flight so I can do this.

I'll have a full report when I get back. There's still time to register if you want to join me.

4 comments:

  1. Amy, that's fantastic! You're going to have a great time, and I see that it starts next Thursday! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful!!! I get to attend my first conference in May...I am so very happy for you! Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and congrats on attending your first conference. Is it NGS?

      Delete